Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Mucking Mania

I have had a bad cold and was not feeling well enough to finish all of my chores on Monday.  Today came and I was feeling better so I set off to complete my chores.  After feeding my guys here and next door I left to feed and care for a neighbor's horses and for a friend who is out of town.  What began as regular moving of horse manure ended 1 1/2 hours later, and I even went back for more at their dinner feeding time.


What I found was quite exciting.  My friend's barn had a rather large pile of mush.  Manure pile from the winter storm, plus melted snow from the roof, etc...you get the messy picture.  I know the lady that originally had the barn built and I was pretty sure there was bluestone present at one time.  As I walked around I had noticed some, no, quite a bit of bluestone coming up through the mud and mush.  So began my messy mission: to uncover the lost bluestone.


If that sounds rather dramatic, it's because it was.  Bluestone is great.  It's awesome.  To find it there, well, it means there will be much less mess in the future, and saves money from having to buy more!  I'm a bluestone fanatic.  It was as if I was digging for buried treasure and once I started I couldn't stop.  I worked on the front side of the barn till my muscles were shaking.  When I went back to feed them dinner I did more-this time on the back side.  WOW!  What a difference it makes. Your feet don't get muddy and it looks neater too.  I can't wait for tomorrow so I can go back and uncover more!  I spent a total of about 3 hours at this one barn mucking today.  And did I just say I couldn't wait to do more?  Is there something wrong with this picture?




 Loretta


the mucking maniac

No comments:

Post a Comment