Thursday, October 15, 2009

Why I do this

When I started teaching horsemanship, I mainly taught horses and their owners. I love doing that, it is my passion. What I didn't realize was that as I started to teach children, especially beginners, how much I would love that too. There are so many wonderful reasons I am teaching and so many ways in which I am blessed. I hope this list makes you smile on this rainy day.

  • The eager look in a child's eyes.
  • The BIG smile on their face
  • Watching a child feel a sense of pride and accomplishment.
  • Helping the student work through something that had been tough for them. When THEY feel the satisfaction, so do I.
  • Knowing that the horsemanship skills they are learning today will help them on their journey tomorrow. Not just with the horses.
  • The kids learn : patience, kindness, to be gentle, to ask softly or quietly and add (pressure) as needed, leadership, positive thinking, & the power of visualizing.
I know there is much more, but these items come to mind right away. What do you notice about them? They are all qualities we want our children to grow up having, whether or not horses are in their lives.

Make it a great day,

Loretta

No comments:

Post a Comment