Thursday, September 3, 2009

Piero's training

I can not say enough about this little guy. Don't let his size fool you, he is the COMPLETE package!

He takes the beginner children around on the lead rope, then makes them feel really great when I take them off the lead. He simply follows me everywhere I go. They all get a kick out of that. The older, more experienced riders really enjoy how easily maneuverable he is. Just turn your head and look where you want to go, and he's off. Just a push with your seat and he walks on. Simply stop riding, and he halts. The students that are trotting are also having a blast with him. He is extremely reliable and hard working. He just loves his job!

He's been out on the trails now several times. I took him out for a long trail ride myself and was very impressed, as were my trail riding buddies. He crossed every creek, drank from the river, went in the water, carried himself downhill wonderfully, and seems to pick his footing very carefully and wisely.

My 12 yr old daughter has ridden him a few times out on the trails now, and I led a student (for the first time) on a short trail loop.

Let me know if you are interested in learning how to trail ride and we can set up a time to get you out there!




Loretta

the natural horseman
clear communication/visible results

No comments:

Post a Comment